Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Spring is in the Air...

It's not quite spring yet, but one can catch a fleeting glimpse of it in the wind that's been blowing over the last week. If youth were a season, this would be it. I have written often about the strange sensation this season brings with it. The beautiful basanti hawa, waiting to work its magic, and no matter how old I become this season makes me feel young and carefree. My years in Bombay deprived me of this one thing. Of all things Delhi (or north India) nothing beats spring. 

Met a friend over the weekend while walking around Sunder Nursery. This fleeting, short lived season affords one the luxury to walk in gardens in the afternoons. We went to Habitat post that and ended up bumping into an undergrad college professor. It brought back so many memories, reminded me of a time and age which was so different from the here and now. So many hopes and aspiration which spring always renews. Mathematics is a good subject, and so I remarked to her, she agreed happily. 

I'm in love with this season of flowers, wind and a carefree, reckless abandon. 

Also came across an app which helps identify birds through their calls, I'm looking forward to testing it tomorrow morning in our park. The app has something called hotspots where people can register which bird they spotted and as per the app at least 132 different bird species had been spotted in our park and 39 of these in the last 7 days. Went through the list and it helped to confirm some that I suspected maybe it, including the rather petite and pretty tailorbird, this one seems to be a regular in the park. 

Well, dear spring work your magic, bring on your new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment